MIKIVERSE HEADLINE NEWS

Friday, February 26, 2010

Jay-Z Denies Illuminati Rumors, Says Beanie Sigel Disses Were 'A Shocker'

Published 01/14/2010, by Allen Starbury

Jay-ZBlogs and conspiracy theorists went crazy when Jay-Z premiered his Swizz Beatz-assisted music video, "On To The Next One," earlier this month, due to images some felt were displaying his allegiance to the Illuminati -- a secret society that many presume to control world affairs behind the scenes through modern day government and international corporations.

One of the images that got people talking was a crucifix placed between two bullets, as well as Jay's long-used diamond hand sign.

Radio personality, Angie Martinez, recently questioned the rap superstar about the rumors, which he laughed them off.

"I don't know where it came from, I don't know where it started ... NO, not me," Jay said when asked if he added images deliberately in his music videos to mess with people. "No, never done that before. Why would I do that? That's retarded.

"I can't even get into a golf club in Palm Springs. I'm from Marcy Projects. Just think about that ..." he added.

While Jay says the secret society rumors are funny, he admits that he believes, somewhat, in "cliques of friends" running world affairs. "I think there's cliques of friends who control things," he explained. "I don't know if its a devil worshipping sec ... I think that's a little Tom Hanks. But, I believe there's cliques of people who control the world. Like Jeezy's my man, I got Atlanta. If I go down to Atlanta, I got that thing. When he come to Brooklyn, he got that thing. That's just natural process. I'm sure Obama has his people who he's good with. As far as how far people are taking it ... I guess I'm an entertainer. People are entertained. That's not my thing ... People make up their own things, and just run with it."

And just to clear the air about allegations that he worships the devil, Jay explained that he believes in one God, but not organized religion, and everything else you're reading on gossip blogs are silly.

"To be honest with you. I really think it's really silly," he said. "For the record, I, of course, believe in God. I believe in one God. If people must know my religious belief, I believe in one God. I don't believe in religion. I don't believe in Christians or Muslims. I think all that separates people. I think it's one God, I think it's all the same God. I don't believe in hell ... Am I a part of some cult? That sounds stupid to me. That's ignorant to even say. That'll be the last time I address that."

In addition to addressing the Illuminati rumors, Jay was also asked about his falling out with former protege Beanie Sigel. While he says he was somewhat surprised to see him align himself with 50 Cent to throw disses at him, he explained that artists will do anything to market themselves these days.

"I can honestly say that one was a shocker. When you're cut from a certain cloth, there are things that are off limits," Jay said. "If you cross that line, it puts you in a different box. It comes from the same thing. I think people are running out of ideas and it's all marketing at this point. In the beginning it was competition. It was just like, 'Lets see who's better. Let's go to the square and see who's better.' It's all just marketing now. That's their whole marketing plan -- Jiggaman."

Shortly after Beans' campaign with 50, he later admitted that the G-Unit general used him to drum up interest for his Before I Self Destruct album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the mikiverse loves free speech and wholeheartedley accepts, that someone who is diametrically opposed to my views is free to promulgate those thoughts...However, misogyny, racism, intolerance etc will see that comment deleted.
These abstract considerations will be solely, and exclusively determined by the mikiverse, so play hard, but, nice.